Top 10 Landmarks for 2017 by TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel community site has named the Top 10 landmarks for 2017 and Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia tops the list.
Often described as ‘a Hindu Heaven on Earth’, UNESCO’s Angkor Wat received the highest mark from TripAdvisor’s more than 32,800 reviewers. Cited within the roll are some of the most stunning and visited destinations in the world such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center in Abu Dhabi, Mezquita Cathedral de Coroba in Spain, St. Peter’s Basilica in Italy and Taj Mahal in India. The destinations were ranked based on the quantity and quality of the reviews (an algorithm set by TripAdvisor) for landmarks worldwide.
This is another imposing coverage for Cambodia which further highlights its presence in the global tourist map. Angkor Wat is indeed, Cambodia’s source of pride and joy.
TripAdvisor’s Top 25 Landmarks for 2017
Here is the full list of 25 of the World’s Top Landmarks for 2017:
- Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Sheikh Zayed Mosque, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
- St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, Italy
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Great Wall at Mutianyu, Beijing, China
- Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Peru
- Plaza de Espana, Seville, Spain
- Duomo di Milano, Milan, Italy
- Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, USA
- Lincoln Memorial, Washington DC, USA
- Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
- Parliament, Budapest, Hungary
- Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France
- Corcovado Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Big Ben, London, United Kingdom
- Acropolis, Athens, Greece
- Main Market Square, Krakow, Poland
- El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, Bangkok, Thailand
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, Kyoto, Japan
- Ruinas Mayas de Tulum, Tulum, Mexico
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia
Let Navutu Dreams Highlight Your Angkor Experience
If you are looking for a Siem Reap Hotel Resort to base yourself from which to explore the awe-inspiring temples of Angkor, look no further. Navutu Dreams, a family-friendly resort & wellness retreat in Siem Reap offers you relaxed luxury and a renewing holiday retreat. Our Siem Reap resort features 28 spacious rooms & suites, well-manicured gardens, three large swimming pools, two yoga studios and a wellness center. Booking with us automatically includes daily breakfast & a tuk tuk shuttle to Angkor Wat and Siem Reap town, 12 hours daily.